My Europe, My Say is a European project, implemented by a consortium led by the World Organisation of the Scout Movement- Bureau Européen du Scoutisme (WOSM). The consortium includes AEGEE-Europe and 48 independent youth organisations members of these two networks across Europe, and covers 30 countries. You can check the website of the project here.
The project encompasses various aspects, all the way from capacity building tracks to large scale youth exchange events to interactive spaces of dialogue between young people and decision makers. My Europe, My Say will be:
- Strengthening the capacities of youth organisations to offer activities which enhance youth participation, civic competences and political awareness and to increase outreach to more vulnerable and socio-economic disadvantaged young people.
- Offering young people, the opportunity to reflect upon their European identity and values – in the framework of the new narrative for Europe.
- Engaging youth organisations into a pan European campaign around Youth Participation to elections– especially in the framework of the European Elections in May 2019. This will help building a common understanding of an EU citizenship
- Providing young people with relevant information on how to register to vote while living in another EU country.
- Creating spaces of dialogue with decision makers in the framework of the European Elections and beyond. This goal will help reconnect young people to decision-makers while utilising innovative and interactive communication methods such as online forums and webinars.
- Engaging a large number of young people from all across the continent to spread awareness about the importance of participating in the 2019 EU elections, with contributions from our project teams of Y Vote and Europe on Track.
AEGEE-Athina, AEGEE-Sofia, AEGEE-Zagreb, AEGEE Düsseldorf, AEGEE-Budapest, AEGEE-Torino, AEGEE-Utrecht, AEGEE-Warszawa, AEGEE-Maribor, AEGEE-Leon, AEGEE-Istanbul, AEGEE-Tallinn
+ Hosting locals for events:
AEGEE-Cluj-Napoca, AEGEE-Passau, AEGEE-Antalya, AEGEE-Bamberg, AEGEE-Izmir, AEGEE-Tartu
+ Two project teams: Y Vote, Europe on Track
My Europe, My Say is with the support of the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, and will run from October 2018-October 2019
Diversity in youth organisations – AEGEE, JEF and ESN take action.
JEF Europe, AEGEE-Europe and Erasmus Student Network came together in 2016 to discuss the issue of diversity and how to include young people from various backgrounds in their activities. Being some of the biggest youth organisations and representing hundreds of thousands of young people, the networks realised that they needed to be even more open and inclusive in order to provide proper representation for the youth of Europe.
The project DIVE was born with the help of volunteers from the local organisations of JEF France, JEF Bulgaria, AEGEE-Athina, AEGEE-Cagliari, ESN Sweden and ESN Dubrovnik. “Diversity and social inclusion in European youth organisations” was a two-year project focusing on sharing good practices funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union in order to help the participating organisations to:
- Develop organisational tools to be accessible to young people from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Learn to break down barriers and obstacles young people face when it comes to participation
- Gain more understanding on the topic of social inclusion
The three networks worked with YES Forum, the umbrella of organisations across Europe working with disadvantaged groups. YES Forum provides us with the field-specific knowledge to be able to be more accessible and inclusive towards youth groups that might not be the mainstream target audience of our organisations.
3 trainings took place in 2018-2019 in Sofia, Athens and Malmö
The DIVE trainings gathered participants who wanted to learn more about the topic of social inclusion in youth organisations and want to take part in creating mechanisms that can involve more young people from disadvantaged backgrounds in volunteering and the activities of their own organisations.
My Europe My Say